Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scandalous Scampi & Superb Steak Rub

I'm so behind on posting recipes that I've tried in the last couple of weeks. So without further ado, I give you..........



Scampi rice



1 1/2 T garlic grapeseed oil

Long grain brown rice (read package directions for serving size)

2 t scampi blend

pepper to taste

*red and green bell pepper, diced (I added for color and taste, you can omit this)



In a skillet heat up the grapeseed oil, add in the rice (varies depending on the servings you are making) and brown it (2-3 minutes on high heat). After browning rice, add in the necessary amount of water (again, according to package instructions) bring back to a boil, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until water is absorbed. With about 10 minutes left on the cooking time, add in the 2t of scampi blend and pepper. Add in the red and green bell if desired. Fluff with fork and ENJOY!



Steak w/ Rancher's Steak rub

WOW is all I can say about this rub!! How do you improve upon an already great steak?



I rubbed two steaks with the natural grapeseed oil, then rubbed them with the Rancher's Steak rub two hours before cooking them....... I can tell you that it was phenomenal and there weren't ANY leftovers :-)

3 comments:

Sisters&Style said...

These look FAB!! Now for photos my dear and you will have me HOOKED!!

Blogger said...

Wow, now I'm hungry!

I have never heard of grapeseed oil! Where have I been? ;)

Thanks for the scrumptious recipe!!!

Bella

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like I have some serious looking around to do........I'm feeling hungry already. :)