Monday, September 22, 2008

Refreshing Cucumber & Tomato Sandwich

I was in the mood for something light, but I didn't feel like making a salad. As I was looking through the refrigerator, and seeing way too many choices, (a lot of which are heavy or not good for losing weight) I close it again and sigh. So I then open the pantry, spy the Dill Dip Blend™ from Wildtree and think......hmmm, what can I do? Then it hits me, sandwiches!

Cucumber Tomato Sandwiches

1 cucumber
1-2 tomatoes (depending on what kind you use)
4 oz cream cheese
1 t Dill Dip Blend
Bread (I like 9 grain with the crust cut off)

Cut up the cucumber (peel first if you want) and place on a paper towel, salt and pepper to taste. put aside. Put the cream cheese in a bowl and soften in microwave for 20-25 seconds (or you can let sit out until softened before hand). Add Dill Dip Blend to cream cheese and mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture on the bread, slice the tomatoes and add those along with the cucumbers to the bread. Cut into quarters and serve. Depending on the size of bread you use, this will make 6-8 sandwiches :-)

2 comments:

Clara said...

Sounds yummy!!!!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Just saw your comment over on my blog. Haven't been to this site yet, but love what you have done to get the word out about your business. Sounds like you are loving it and it has motivated you to cook more too. Awesome!

Hope to "see" you tomorrow night at GNO. I told GoodNCrazy that we should have one of our topics be about food. I'll let you know in advance so you can plan on being there for sure to share your Wildtree tips.